Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Illusion

Read this first, then click on the image to get the animated version.

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one colour, pink.

However if you stare at the black "+" in the center, the moving dot turns to green.

Now, concentrate on the black "+" in the center of the picture. After a short period, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see only a single green dot rotating.

It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear.

This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.



3 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

1. (Siezing)

2. Wow, mannnnn...

3. While you were in college learning math and other useful stuff, I studied psychology and got actual college credit for looking at stuff like this.

4. No wonder I still have this dream in which I discover, hours before senior year finals, that I haven't studied at all and that I'm in big, big trouble.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger wysiwyg said...

Better that than having the dream where you forget to get dressed and turn up to your senior year finals in your pajamas....

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyes don't work properly.. it looked green all the time to me.

Kaf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home