Friday, January 25, 2008

Which way is the girl spinning?

If the girl is turning clockwise then your left side of the brain is more dominant and you have a strong tendency to logic and analysis.

If the girl is turning counterclockwise then the right side of your brain is more dominant and you have a stronger tendency to intuition and creativity.

I can only really see her turn clockwise, one other person I sent this to at work can only see counter-clockwise, many reported being able to see her spin one way or the other interchangeably...

(Note: you'll have to click on the picture to see the animation work)

3 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Seems to me she starts out going counter clockwise then changes direction on a whim.

I daresay she changes direction only if the viewer isn't focusing on her perfect boobies.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Leetie said...

I only saw clockwise for a very long time. I was determined to see counter-clockwise, and after awhile, I did, but I had to stare at the bottom of the picture to do it. I don't agree with the whole "left brain" and "right brain" mystical explanation, but I guess that's what people like to hear. It's just an optical illusion. With nipples! :)

This website provides some visual clues to help you see both ways more easily: http://ofb.net/~whuang/imgs/spin/

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger wysiwyg said...

They are ... err ... I mean it, the animation, *is* rather mesmerising. But just to be clear, I am not a dirty old man surfing the net for animated nudity that I can pass off as interesting to my female audience - my sister the doctor sent this to me - but I do wonder if that feature of the drawing helps me to see her go clockwise... :oP

I did the same thing as you Leets, but only got her going the other way for a rotation or two before she snapped back to clockwise again.

Some people say that looking at her head or her feet only helps them change direction, but it doesn't work for me.

And thanks for the site Leets - its a bit strange for my brain to see the counter-clockwise version so clearly. But if I cover up all but her head, she goes back to spinning clockwise again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home