Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Christmas Decoration

The first cut, rather crappy, video of the Christmas decoration I built this year, taken live at the judging. I'll post a better version next week after the kids' open day on Wednesday, along with some of the competition.

Sadly I didn't win this year, due to an undiscovered bias on the part of the judge for model trains. In response, of course, I'm organising a "People's Choice" competition at the open day. After all, you don't invest five days of your life into something like this and LOSE.

6 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Wysi. But... you didn't WIN?! With your mania for decorating?! Inconceivable. *loves Wysi plenty of alcohol to drown his sorrows*

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger wysiwyg said...

Thanks neo. The experience WAS crushing.

I consumed all the alcohol between the in-laws Christmas party and my older sister's 25th wedding anniversary party on Sunday.

Remarkably, I have no further Christmas parties until actually on Christmas day. Not counting ad hoc opportunities that may present themselves this week of course....

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more parties?! Wys, take it easy; you can throw your system into shock if you just stop partying cold turkey. You can sidestep this problem easily enough; just keep a small jar of confetti by your desk and periodically throw a small handful up into the air while shouting, "whee!"

Oh, and also, drink heavily every night. That'll keep you in shape for the round of New Years parties.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger wysiwyg said...

Wheeee!

I pity the cleaners. There's going to be a LOT of confetti around my desk by the end of the week.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh dear, I'm so far behind in checking your blog out, wys.

I suggest you make your Santa and/or snowperson explode at the end. Nothing says Christmas like exploding icons.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Trillian said...

you lost?! that's unpossible! the display was great.

did you do a video walk through this year? i love those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home